Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a week?

I can't believe it's already Sunday!  Where has the week gone?  Maybe because my week has been so disjointed, it seems to have flown by so much faster.  Tuesday my class and I went through to Arusha for pre-camp planning and bonding.  The camp is this coming week at West Kilimanjaro.  The kids and staff will be staying in tents using the tent toilet which will just be a hole in the ground surrounded by a tent.  I was asked by the other teacher organising this whole trip, if I'd prefer to stay in the two bedroomed guest house with bathroom ensuite.  Hell yeah!  I didn't even think about it!  A nice comfortable bed, proper flush toilet and power so i can watch movies on my laptop at night while everybody else is trying to get comfortable sleeping on the hard ground?  hell yeah, i'll take the guesthouse!
Friday my kids performed some of Roald dahl's Revolting Rhymes in assembly and then wrote their ISA pre-tests.  then break and visual arts.  Easy peasy.  This week Monday and Tuesday they write their proper ISA exams, then Wednesday through to friday we are camping.  Hell, I just love outdoor education.
Saturday, the outdoor pursuits man at school slaughtered his pig and delivered 20kg of meat and fat to me so I can make sausages.  Took me a couple of hours, but chopped it all up, and have to sausage like mad this afternoon.  I put half of it in my freezer for next weekend.  It's so hot at the moment and sausage making is such hot sweaty work.  I'm not really in the mood.
I've revamped and redone my website.  Hopefully, it'll look good when I'm finally done tweaking and adding things to it.  Enjoyable but hard work, and when you're doing that, the time just flies as well.
But the big news is, just to let you all know, The case of Billy B is now out and available as a paperback on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Case-Billy-B-Cindy-Vine/dp/1449980414/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264862309&sr=8-5 Celebrated by myself last night, daughter was at a disco when I discovered it was on Amazon. So, raise your glasses and have a drink to The Case of Billy B!
Yippee!
And, have written the first chapter of my next book, provisionally entitled Not Telling.  Lordy, lordy, lordy, this writing thing is addictive!
Have a great week ahead!
love
Cindy
xxx

No comments: