Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blindman's Bluff  (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #18) Blindman's Bluff (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #18) by Faye Kellerman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


As a Kellerman fan, I was a little disappointed with Blindman's Bluff. It wasn't as gripping as some of her previous work, in fact it took me up until page 329 to get into it. There were too many characters and the plot was quite predictable. I guessed who El Patron was early on in the novel. The blindman in the story was more a distraction than anything else, and I felt that his sole role was to give the book it's title. Mind you, he wasn't bluffing so not sure how the title fits. I particularly didn't enjoy the last chapter where all the ends were tied together neatly in a forced unnatural kind of way. Some of her other books had me sitting up all night to finish them, and the fact it took me nearly two and a half weeks to finish this one, says a lot.

If you haven't read her earlier work, you'll probably enjoy this. But there are so many better crime thrillers around these days, and this one doesn't stand out.



View all my reviews
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)


No comments: